What is a Residential Treatment Program?
Meet Lynn Salvatore, Psy. D. -Clearview’s Residential Treatment Programs Clinical Director
Who Can Benefit from a Residential Treatment Program?
Residential treatment programs are designed to help adults who are struggling with a range of challenges, including the following:
- Mental Health Disorders: These programs are equipped to support individuals experiencing conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and more. The focus is on addressing the emotional and psychological aspects of these conditions.
- Substance Use Disorder: Whether it’s substance abuse, alcohol addiction, or behavioral addictions, residential treatment programs provide a safe and controlled environment for individuals to learn coping strategies and build a foundation for lasting recovery.
- Co-Occurring Disorders: Many individuals face the complex reality of having both mental health and substance use disorders. Residential programs are specially tailored to address these co-occurring disorders simultaneously.
The Key Components of Residential Treatment
The core principles of a residential treatment program are:
- 24/7 Care and Support: These programs offer round-the-clock care, ensuring that individuals have access to help whenever they need it. This level of support is vital for managing withdrawal symptoms and emotional crises effectively.
- Structured Environment: The structured and therapeutic environment of a residential program is designed to promote personal growth and healing. It involves daily routines, group therapy sessions, individual counseling, and various activities aimed at building life skills and resilience.
- Individualized Treatment Plans: One of the key strengths of residential programs is the personalized treatment plans. Every individual is unique, and their struggles are as well. These programs tailor their approach to each person’s specific needs, ensuring the best chance of success.
- Peer Support: Residents in these programs often find strength and encouragement in connecting with others who share similar experiences. This sense of community and understanding can be a powerful tool in the recovery process.
- Evidence-Based Treatment Methods: A variety of therapeutic techniques and treatment methods are employed to address the specific issues a person is facing. These can include cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and more.
- Holistic Wellness: Residential programs focus not only on the mental and emotional aspects of recovery but also on physical health. Nutritional guidance and recreational therapy (e.g. yoga, mindfulness meditation, art therapy, gym outings and more) are extremely helpful in the recovery process.
Our Residential Treatment Programs
Clearview has been a national leader in providing comprehensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) treatment and other evidence-based methods through its residential programs for over 20 years. Our facilities are located in the scenic beauty of Venice Beach, offering a safe and supportive atmosphere where we cater to the needs of adults (18+) through our two distinct residential treatment programs. Learn more below:
Dual Diagnosis Program: Our dual program is a leading treatment center offering residential treatment for individuals of all genders struggling with addiction and different types of mental health disorders. Our clinical team has extensive experience in treating complex cases of co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders, providing specialized treatment necessary for a complete recovery.
Women’s Program: Our women’s program is a specialized residential treatment center for women struggling with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and emotional dysregulation. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is the primary mode of treatment used at the Women’s Treatment Center, and it’s one of the only centers like it in the country.
We believe recovery is possible and are committed to helping individuals take the first step toward a healthier life through supportive residential treatment. If you or a loved one is in need of residential treatment, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our caring and dedicated team. We’re here to guide you on the path to recovery.